BENEFITS OF DIRECT TO GARMENT
- Print full-colour images
- Print on both light and dark garments
- No set up or screen charges
- Fast turn around on small orders
- Water based ink, soft hand once washed
- Great pricing on light coloured garments
- Prints that last a long time
- Cotton, 50/50, Tri-Blends, white polyester
DIRECT TO GARMENT PRINTING
FULL COLOUR ON LIGHT GARMENTS
With Direct to Garment printing on white or light colour shirts is the most cost effective printing method for printing multi-colour or photo images on under 100 garments. We offer excellent pricing on light coloured printing with no set up charges and the prints will feel soft and have excellent print quality.
FULL COLOUR ON DARK GARMENTS
With Direct to Garment printing on dark coloured shirts is a great way to print multi-colour or full colour images on under 50 garments. Pricing is not as cost effective as printing on whites and because water-based ink is uses, it’s not as vibrant as screen-printing, dark shirts also need to be pretreated and washed before wearing.
OVERSIZED DTG PRINTS
Standard DTG prints are between 10” wide and 12” in height, however we offer oversized printing from 12” wide x 18” wide. These prints can be pricey, but it’s the best way to print over sized full colour prints on fewer than 100 garments.
VINTAGE DTG PRINTS
The water-based ink used in DTG printing makes is ideal for printing distressed or vintage looking artwork. DTG prints leave a soft feel and capture detail exceptionally well, making this an ideal way to print vintage on smaller orders.
CAN I SUPPLY MY OWN GARMENTS
Due to the process that we must know how the shirt will react to the treatment process, and printing process, not all garments will take the treatment without staining, we can source a wide selection of garment types and styles that we have tested for printing.
WHAT CAN BE PRINTED
At Steel Town Graphics we can print full color images on a wide range of apparel and some non-apparel items the list includes, aprons, bags, bibs, coasters, koozies, pillows, tshirts, hoodies, sweaters,
DTG vs Screen Printing
Method Pros Cons
- cost-effective for large batches
- the more you order, the cheaper they are
- ideal for simple designs with limited colors
- extensive color options
- can print detailed designs and photographs
- ideal for small batches and one-offs
- minimal upfront investment
- can print on light , darks garments
- not cost effective for multiple colors
- can only print simple designs
- one design per batch
- large upfront investment
- not cost-effective for extremely large batches
- limited design placement